There has been no work done on Project Zero (my O gauge Blyth Cambois layout) unfortunately due to being too busy with kit designing and cutting but this last weekend just gone, I got all my images I have of Blyth depot and made the decision to get on a do something at least. So, what better way than to continue the design of the depot tower yard lights. Now, these things are huge in height so a good few hours were spent sorting out all the images with the lights in shot to get as many angles as I possibly could for the drawings.
Two days later and I had my first design finished and on Monday, after cutting some kits for customers, at the end of the day, I managed to cut one out to see how it looked and to see if I had made any errors! I brought it home and that evening assembled it. Now, considering how flexible our ModelBord is, I was very pleased with how the tower light had come out and when finished and dried was extremely strong.
With that done, the next task was to improve it, something that I’m always striving to do and this was adding rivets to hide all the joining sections. I’ve added three different size concrete bases, as it doesn’t look like any at Blyth are the same size! A metal plate effect flooring at the top of the tower and to say I’m happy is an understatement. I think it looks shit hot (excuse my french!)
I’ll do a couple of minor tweaks, plus finish off the cable box that goes at the foot of the tower, so will call it MKIII (we like MKIII HST coaches) and we’ll have this completed, then that will leave us to sort out the option of having some LED’s on the tower along with the wiring kit to go with it.
So, I don’t have my layout but at least I’ll have a Tower Light!