Another new O gauge product is released from Railway Laser Lines and it comes in the form of this huge marshalling yard tower lighting kit.
Something that was seen in abundance up and down the country in marshalling yards and depots back in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s but with the closing of a lot of depots and yards, these tall structures have gradually dwindled down to a fraction of what you could once see.
Our tower yard lamp has been designed in house and based on the tower yard lights that could have been seen at Blyth Cambois depot, Northumberland and there were 5 of these that lit up the depot and stabling point.
For the O gauge modern image modeller, these are an essential piece of kit to your layout and up until now, there has been very limited availability of any kind of tower yard light. The level of detail that we have added to this item is second to none, these include:-
- Made from our ModelBord material that is extremely strong and flexible. Only the ladder and base is made from MDF, the rest is made from ModelBord.
- Choice of Tower Height, now available in 2 different sizes, 350mm approx and 450mm approx
- Option of 3 different sized bases to choose from
- Option of having LED lighting
- 3D Printed Teardrop Lights with brass arms, wiring and resisitor (With LED Option Kit only)
- Metal flooring effect on the tower gantry
- Wiring box, with opening to allow further detailing and routing wiring through
- Rivet panels that ‘pop out’ to give that realistic effect around the tower joining sections
- A ‘Fully Built***’ option available – Sent in a protective MDF box, or an option to collect* them from myself (Bridgwater, Somerset). Contact us to arrange an invoice without delivery charges if collection required.
We have created a ‘How To’ video on this product and due to our old YouTube account being hacked and deleted, we will now only be sending purchasers of this kit a link to the video by email. Apologies for this but due to the inconvenience this has caused, moving forward, this is how we intend to try and protect our work.
At the time of launch, only the non-lighting kit is currently available as we are working on the lighting at present, but we hope to release this very soon. Also, there is an option to choose to have the non-lighting kit fully made for you, including painting.
*** An allocation of kits will be made for the ‘fully built’ option. However, please note, all orders for a fully built kit will all be done on an order only basis. Once you have made your order, we will then allocate a kit to your order and will email you an estimated day of build and shipping (subject to covid-19 restrictions not changing).
OUR FULLY BUILT (NON LIGHTING OPTION AVAILABLE AT PRESENT) ESTIMATED BUILD TIME IS CURRENTLY 34 DAYS. (this time will be updated as we receive orders)
Product Code: RLL-770-TL to RLL-777-TL
Dimensions: W: up to 56mm inc largest base x H: 350mm/451mm inc base
Materials Used; ModelBord, MDF
Assembly Required: Kit Only: Yes
Additional Parts Required (Not Included With Kit): Comes as a kit and parts will require either priming, painting and/or glueing. A sharp craft knife/zippy blade or similar will be required to remove pieces from part of the kit.
Other items required to assist: Deluxe Materials Glu n Glaze (or equivalent), Tweezers, Sandpaper/file, Primer Paint, Acrylic/Enamel Paint (optional), Masking Tape, Paint Brushes.
Advise: When priming/painting, do so in a well-ventilated area and use an appropriate mask. Some items are very fragile so handling with care is paramount.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL laser cut kits are made ‘to order’. PLEASE NOTE, AS FROM 1ST MAY – DELIVERY TIMES ARE NOW UP TO 28 DAYS, unless we have made any surplus kits, then they will be made readily available. Check below if we have any in stock ready to post out. We will do our best to delivery prior to the 28 days but cannot guarantee this so please do not order if you are unable to wait.
NB: PLEASE NOTE – POSTAGE COSTS APPLY ONLY TO WITHIN THE UK – USE OUR CONTACT FORM TO GET A QUOTE OUTSIDE OF THE UK FOR THE KIT ONLY OPTION